With increased demand across Australia for pre-made home delivered food in recent months we’ve had an upsurge in questions from customers about how to best package ready-made meals for retail sale and home delivery.
By far the two most popular methods of packaging ready-made meals for sale is vacuum sealing and band sealing stand up pouches.
Vacuum sealing is good for take-home meals such as lasagnes, pizzas and pizza bases, curries, cooked vegetables and frozen dumplings. Vacuum sealers come in large and small sizes. They are generally used with vacuum bags and assist in aiding shelf life of fresh cooked food and produce by between 4 and 7 days. For restaurants and cafes that are now cooking main meals and offering take-away and delivery to customers, vacuum sealing has made life much more convenient. The benefits of vacuum sealing are:
- Products are pre-prepared before ‘rush hour’
- Portion control is managed
- Shelf-life is maintained
- Meals can be frozen in the vacuum bag before or after sale
- Professional looking finished product.
- Cooked meals in stand up pouches can be labelled and branded.
For products such as curries, soups, meatballs, noodles, rice dishes, dry pasta, and pre-made desserts, stand up pouches sealed with a band sealer is a good option for take-away packaging. A vertical band sealer makes packaging take home food quick and easy. Benefits of stand up pouches sealed with a band sealer are:
- Professional and hygienic presentation
- Pouches are easy to fill with freshly cooked meals
- Quick and mess-free sealing using a band sealer
- Food can be frozen before or after sales in stand up pouches
- Different sized portions are possible due to different sized pouches.
- Easy to store and transport
- Can be professionally labelled and branded
Contact us now on (03) 9428-1652 and we can customise the right packaging solution for your take-home meals, we cater for all businesses and budgets.